Full-Day Trip Details
- Adults: $185 US ($3,700 MXN)*
- 5 and under: $92.50 US ($1,850 MXN)
*USD prices are approximate and final checkout will be in Mexican pesos (see book now button for details)
6:30 AM approx from Todos Santos
Pick up from your Todos Santos accommodation, the surf shop, or meet at the marina in La Paz
Monday to Sunday, November to April
4 to 8 people
Good to know
- La Paz is one hour from Todos Santos and two hours from Cabo. The excursion is on the bay of La Paz, on the Sea of Cortez.
- From December to April, the wind can feel cold when you get wet, so bring a hoodie, windbreaker, or jacket.
- La Paz Bay is a highly regulated area, only 14 boats are allowed to go into the swimming area every three hours. Captains and guides must have all the permits and certifications to be able to work during the whale shark season.
- Snorkeling gear and wetsuits
- Permits to swim with whale sharks
- Whale shark swimming experience
- Sea lion and coral reef fish swimming activity
- A delicious lunch of fresh ceviche, vegetarian and beef burritos, organic salad, fruits, chocolates, and drinks at Balandra Beach
- Round trip transportation from Todos Santos to La Paz
- Certified guide and captain
What to bring
- Swimsuit & towel
- Hat & reef-safe sun protection
- Water bottle to refill (no plastic bottles allowed on the tour)
- Jacket & sweatshirt
About your guide
A certified, bilingual, local guide, a certified driver, and a local certified captain
Full-Day Whale Sharks & Sea Lions Itinerary
You’ll be picked up from your Todos Santos accommodation or the Todos Santos Surf Shop(opens in a new tab) to start your La Paz whale shark adventure. Once we arrive at the marina, we’ll hop onto the boat and get out into the bay of La Paz.
Your experienced guide will spend time searching for whale sharks while you get your snorkeling gear on. Once a whale shark has been spotted, you will take turns (4 at a time) to spend time in the water with them. We spend between 2 and 3 hours in the area with these majestic sharks as they come to feed on plankton. You’ll then travel 20 minutes to the next activity, swimming with sea lions!
You’ll get back in the water to see these good-natured animals get up to their tricks. Be prepared to play as this particular breed of sea lions are well-known for their fun-loving nature. Swim around the coral reef and marvel at the shoals of tropical fish darting around their natural habitat.
Then head over to Balandra Beach, named one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico for its fine white-sand beaches and clear turquoise waters. We’ll enjoy a gourmet lunch of burritos, fresh ceviche, salad, fruit, and chocolate with a perfect view of the Sea of Cortez. After lunch, spend time relaxing on the beach or explore the surroundings.